You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-13 06:45:17

NancyGruen

The project ‘YAFL’ (Yet Another Free Language)

The project ‘YAFL’ (Yet Another Free Langu age ).
Filed under:.

Projects — Leave a comment        May 7

2012                 This project refers to the development of the procedural programming language YAFL (Yet Another Free Language) as well as its interpreter.
The programming language YAFL is a tool for teaching the basic principles of procedural programming to secondary school students and  beginners  in general.

This project is Free Software (software published under the GNU General Public License)

If you wish to improve the interpreter or the programming langu age  you are free to do so as long as you mention the original designers of this project.
Specifically, .

The interpreter of YAFL consists of the following subsystems:  Lexical Analyzer

Syntactical  Anal yzer.
Symbol Table.
Program  Generator .
I quote below a small program which, of course, does not perform any real function and exists only to show you some of the features  supported  by the YAFL.
/* program written in YAFL.
*/ program   integer i, j, k, l; start   input j;   k := 2**j;   output k;    i := !(2+4 >= 1) || !!(4 > 1);   output i;    i := !!!(!2+4);   output i;    i := 4;   l := 6;    /* swap values without  temporary  variable.
*/   i := i ^ l;   l := l ^ i;   i := i ^ l;    output i;   output l;    output 2|4&12;   output 4 << 4;   output 4^4;    output !(3**2);    i := 1;    while i = 16 {     if (i >= 5) {       output i;     }     else {       skip;     };      i := i+1;   }; finish For more  information  you can get the project itself: `yet-another-free-language‘     39.074208    21.824312    Rate this:.
Sh are  this:.

Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to print (Opens in new window)
Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)

Like this:.
Like   Loading.
Related.
Tags: bison, , , , , , program generator, symbol table, .

Virtual machine    Comments RSS feed                    Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Enter  your comment  here.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to  log in :.
Email  (Address never made public)                 Name                 Website                                                            You are commenting using your  WordPress .com account.
( Log Out /     )                                                             You  are  commenting using your Google account.
( Log Out /     )                                                             You  are  commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /     )                                                             You are commenting using  your Facebook  account.
( Log Out /     )                             Cancel    Connecting  to %s             Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.

« The GNU Project by Richard Stallman

Fosscomm 2012 (Serres).
(79).
(21).
(15).
(26).
(4).
(7).
(55).
(24).
(4).
(16).
(14).
(4).
(7).
(10).
(78).
(11).
(9).
(1).
May 2012      M  T  W  T  F  S  S           123456      78910111213      14151617181920      21222324252627      28293031           « Apr     Jul ».
(2).
(4).
(1).
(1).
(2).
(1).
(1).
(1).
(2).
(1).
(9).
(1).
(8).
(1).
(1).
(2).
(4).
(7).
(1).
(1).
(1).
(8).
(12).
(1).
(2).
(1).
(2).
(1).
(2).
(1).
(1).
(4).
(20).
(13).
(5).
(2).
(10).
(13).
(10).
(10).
(20).
287,006 hits.
Send to Email Address          Your Name        Your Email Address                               Cancel       Post was not sent - check your email addresses.
Email check failed.

Please try again          Sorry

your blog cannot share posts by email.
%d  bloggers like this:.

Board footer