#1 2020-09-09 20:03:45

BillySnead

iPhone Microsoft Teams Teams Zoom

Zoom.
iPhone Microsoft Teams Teams Zoom.
By.
April 15, 2020.

3 Comments on Why is the Text in my Teams Background Back To Front

With Teams (and Zoom, and probably other video conferencing apps) as well as apps that add to the live camera image such Chromacam and Snap Camera in popular use, you might have noticed that all the example backgrounds have no text on them.
So what happens when you or your company roll out a set background to use that does contain text – for example, this mockup image:    Teams Background With Added Text    Now my graphics editing skills are not great, but this is just one of the included background images that come with Microsoft Teams and a logo added as if it were a picture on the wall.
So what happens when I use this as my custom background in Teams (or Zoom etc.) – the following is what I see:    Teams (Presenter View) on Desktop with Text In Background Meeting    You can see that in the view of the background I can see the text is back to front.
This is correct, as the view from my camera that is presented back to me is usually mirrored for my convenience.
This is because they way I see myself is in a mirror, and so to show me “unmirrored” so to speak would look odd to me.
Also if I raise one hand or move to one side, the mirrored image of me from my camera shows this happening on the side of the screen I would naturally expect it to be on.
The downside of this is that any text we add to background images will appear back to front for us – but it will appear correct to all attendees, .

As the Teams will not show the attendees the mirrored image

Just as we expect to see a mirror image when looking at ourselves, others who look at us do not expect to see that, and the video conferencing apps will not show that to them – so they see your logo, or text or whatever, correctly as you intended.

Teams (Attendee View) on iPhone

with text the correct orientation                                                                Select Category  2003  2004  2007  2008  2008 R2  2010  2012  2012 R2  2013  2016  2019  2FA  64 bit  AADConnect  aadrm  AADSync  access  acdc  active directory  activesync  add-in  ADDS  ADFS  ADFS 2.0  ADFS 3.0  ADFS Connector  AdminSDHolder  adsiedit  Advanced Threat Protection  agent  AIP  android  antivirus  anycast  app password  Application Guard  archive  asterisk  asterisknow  ATP  Authentication  autodiscover  autodiscover v2  az  Azure  Azure Active Directory  Azure AD  Azure Information Protection  AzureAD  backup  baseline  bing  bios  booking  bpos  branding  cafe  calendar  certificates  Chrome  citrix  Click To Run  Click2Run  cloud  Cloud PBX  Clutter  cmak  compliance  conditional access  conversation  crm  cross-forest  cyber bullying  dell  Deployment  device  device registration  dirsync  dkim  DLP  dmarc  DNS  domain  door  download  draytek  DSC  duplicate  dynamic delivery  Dynamics  EAS  ebs 2008  Edge  EM+S  email  encryption  Endpoint Manager  enterprise mobility + security  Entourage  EOP     Exchange Online Protection  error  EWS  exchange  exchange online  Exchange Server  EXO  ExpressRoute  federation  FIDO  firewall  Focused Inbox  FOPE  Free/Busy  GeoDNS  Global Catalog  GPO  Group Policy  groups  hosting  hotfix  https  hybrid  hyper-v  IAmMEC  IFilter  iis  illustration  install  Intune  iOS  ip  iPad  iPhone  ipsec  ipv4  ipv6  iQ.
Suite  IRM  isa  ISA Server 2004  ISA Server 2006  JetNexus  journal  journaling  Kemp  kerberos  lab  licence  Live Event  load balancer  Load Master  loadbalancer  logo  Lync Server  mailbox  malware  management  mcafee  mcas  mcm  mcsm  mdatp  MDM  media player  MFA  microsoft  Microsoft 365  Microsoft Cloud App Security  Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection  Microsoft Teams  migration  Mobile Device Management  mobile phones  modern authentication  monthly channel  move  msExchDelegateListBL  msExchDelegateListLink  MSOL  multi-factor auth  Multi-Factor Authentication  MVP  MX  ndr  Netscaler  networking  NTL  OAuth  OD4B  ODFB  off  offensive  Office  Office 365  Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection  Office 365 Groups  Office 365 ProPlus  oledb  OneDrive  OneDrive For Business  openmanage  orange  organization relationships  osma  Outlook  owa  OWA for Devices  password  paxton  pbx  permissions  PFDAVAdmin  phish  phishing  phone factor  pkcs  pki  places  policy  powershell  pptp  preview  Proof Of Concept  proxy  pst  PSTN  PSTN Conferencing  Public Folders  recovery  remote desktop  remote web workplace  retention  retention policies  rms  room  router  rras  rtp  rules  rww  Safe Attachments  Safe Documents  Safe Links  Salesforce  sbs 2008  SCOM  sdk  search  security  Security and Compliance Center  self-service password reset  semi-annual channel  send-on-behalf  server administrator  server core  shared mailbox  sharepoint  sip  Skype For Business Online  Skype for Business Server  smarthost  smartphone  sms  smtp  spam  spf  spoof  spv  SQL  sql express  SSL  SSO  sspr  sstp  starttls  storage card  Stream  supervision  sync error  sysprep  Teams  TechEd  terminal server  Terminal Services  text message  Threat Management  TLS  tmg  token2  transport  transport agent  ts gateway  Uncategorized  unif  unified messaging  update  upgrade  vc++  vhd  virtual pc  virtual server  virtualisation  vista  visual studio  vm  VNet  Voicemai  voicemail.

Board footer